- Join Community
- Post to Community
- Gift Paid Account
|Name:||Let's Read Volume 3!|
|Posting Access:||All Members, Moderated|
|Community description:||Discussion community for Marvel comics backcanon|
- This is a slash-friendly comics discussion community for the content published by Marvel between 1997 and 2004 (anything that falls between Heroes Reborn/Onslaught/1995 and Civil War/2007 may be included at mods' discretion). To paraphrase the old pre-Tossing scans-daily: "If you can't read slash-positive comments without reacting negatively, this is not the comm for you."
- Personal insults and ad hominem attacks directed at other discussion participants are not permitted.
- This community is a choose not to warn experience. Posters may choose to give trigger/content warnings for the content under discussion, but doing so is not required.
- not_brand_event is a comics discussion community, not a fanworks posting community. Dreamwidth has a variety of comms dedicated to posting Marvel fanworks, such as cap_ironman, avengersblend, mcugen, marvel_slash, and marvel_femslash, and we encourage you to post your fanfic, fanart, fanvids, and other fanworks there.
- This community is for discussion of 616 canon. Other Marvel continuities such as Ultimates, the MCU, or A:EMH are off topic unless you're discussing how they relate to 616 storylines or characters (for example: discussing how a particular scene in an issue of Captain America is similar to a scene in the Captain America: The Winter Soldier movie, or how J.A.R.V.I.S. the AI from the Iron Man movies differs from/is similar to various 616 canon AIs or Edwin Jarvis).
- This community is for discussing pre-Civil War/pre-Disassembled canon. However, storylines published from 2005 onwards may be referenced in order to discuss how they relate to pre-Disassembled canon (ex: "Looking at Iron Man and Captain America's interaction in this issue, I can/can't see how they end up doing XYZ in [recently published comic]"). In deference to the fact that not all comm members get their copies of current issues at the same time, any details from comics published within the past month should be placed under spoiler cuts (It came out three months ago? Fair game. It came out last week? Spoiler cut.).
- Scans can be posted to illustrate discussion points ("Look at Cap's face in this panel when he hears XYZ"), but you may not post scans of an entire issue. Please limit posting of scans to no more than 3 consecutive pages and no more than 30% of a single issue (generally about 6-7 pages).